Have you ever had a long day, then you get home and the pets have to be fed, you have laundry in the dryer and cooking… it just has to take the back burner to everything else that’s on your plate? I completely understand. Then you sit there starring at the microwaveable meals in your freezer in fear of ruining your healthy choices for that week, you stare and stare at them until finally you just grab the closest one to you, pop it in the microwave and then boom… You have an extremely unhealthy meal at the end of the night…
We have all been there.
So below, I outlined eight of my personal favorite microwaveable meals that won’t make you want to quit your diet after:
- Kashi Chimichurri Quinoa Bowl – This bowl has red quinoa, lentils, potatoes, peppers, black beans, and more veggies. It’s a South-American flair and only has 240 calories, 10 grams of protein and 330 milligrams of sodium.
- Amy’s Light & Lean Black Bean & Cheese Enchilada – Peppers, Tofu, Zucchini, and black beans, which are all good for you!!! It also comes with brown rice, carrots, and sweet corn. This frozen meal only has 6 grams of fat, 440 milligrams of sodium, 270 calories, and it’s GLUTEN FREE!!
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Burrito Bowl – We all know Trader Joes is absolutely phenomenal this chicken burrito bowl is part of that it’s made with chicken, brown rice, black beans and other Southwest-style flavors, it’s high in protein and under 400 calories.
- Amy’s Brown Ricke & Black-Eyes Peas and Veggies – This is made with organic brown rice, mushrooms, broccoli, and a ton of other healthy vegetables. This bowl is under 300 calories, 9 grams of protein, it’s a vegan option so this one is both dairy and gluten free.
- Saffron Road Teriyaki Chicken With Soba Noodles – Lots of vegetables including bok choy and broccoli (my favorite) and still has 18 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, a teriyaki sauce that isn’t loaded with sugar and sodium and this bowl only has 280 calories.
- Healthy Choice Grilled Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo – If you want Italian this grilled chicken and broccoli Alfredo meal from healthy choice is going to give you everything you are looking for! It has 28 grams of protein and it’s low in saturated fat and in sugar. The sodium is at 600 milligrams though so that is a little high.
- Love the wild Baja Style Fish Taco Bowl – This is a healthy frozen mean option with 16 grams of protein, it helps fill you up and only has 320 calories and 12 grams of fat!
- Evol Chicken Enchiladas Bake Enchiladas – Personally I love enchiladas, and with this one you can get a quick delicious frozen meal and it’s low in calories, high in protein and will satisfy all your cravings. Best of at 500 milligrams of sodium it’s less than a quarter of the daily recommended maximum.