The restaurants have opened and happy hour is back in full force, or at least at 50% capacity. But wait, do you spent your entire quarantine dieting, working out, and pushing for a healthier you? Now what happens? Do you throw that away for two drinks at happy hour with your co workers?
Read my favorite happy hour orders that won’t bring back that beer belly you just dumped.
- The Skinny Margarita – Who doesn’t love a good margarita? No one, everyone loves margaritas full of sugar and tequila well what if I told you there was a better way? Lime juice, Orange juice, Tequila, and agave nectar; it has great taste and HALF the calories of a regular marg.
- The low cal Cosmo – You know I had to find a cosmopolitan recipe for you and honey, I succeeded. It’s raspberry-infused vodka, club soda, and a splash of lime and cranberry juice. You’re welcome.
- The Moscow Mule with a twist – My husband absolutely loves a good Moscow mule and living in Florida they’re so incredibly refreshing. Ginger beer, vodka, lime juice, and lots of ice, skipping the simple syrup. The key is to skip that syrup, when you don’t use simple syrup it’s only around 80 calories.
- Vodka Seltzer with lemon or lime – People assume that Tonic and Seltzer are the same thing and that you’re being healthy… You’re not. Tonic has a lot of calories and sugar, if you’re looking for something healthier opt for Seltzer water instead.
- Whiskey on the rocks – Alcohol contains its own calories alone, remember that the next time you want to mix it with a soda or juice. On the rocks will keep your sugars and calorie intake low for a healthier happy hour.
Trying to be healthy doesn’t mean missing out on the fun! With time one of these will become your go to drink and you’ll never feel like you’re missing out on anything either. Happy Drinking!